Monday, October 20, 2008

Changing Paths

So I'll start this blog with talking about the everyday things.

School is going pretty well. I have spent the most time in the library than any other 1st half of a semester. I would usually tend to do most of my school work in a semester after midsemester break, but I am much more dedicated on doing very well this semester. With that being said, I only have a 3.0 gpa at midsemester. It's funny at this school, 3.0 is very respectable because the average of one of my midterms was a 48%. Yes, that's right...the mean in a class of 60 4.0+ high school students is a 48/100. Just goes to show that this college is actually tougher than the real world, but doesn't teach you anything that would be helpful on the job.

The stock market. Not sure what to say about it other than it sucks ass. It makes me really curious with how that will affect the Presidental election. It did make me think really tough about going into the making industry. America has a real problem with credit and borrowing. It has just been a disastor for our economy from the housing bubble bursting, and our economy will suffer another gigantic blow once our credit card bubble bursts. I will kinda feel bad when a couple million Americans loose their homes because they are nose deep in credit card debt, but it is at least partly their fault for not planning well and buying way too much, which they obviouly could not afford.

So with the market being terrible and having no ambition to wear a suit for the rest of my life, I have decided to pursue a career in coaching football. I have already contacted the president of football operations at USC and got some real good information from him. I am still trying to get a hold of someone from the football program at Oregon, but I love to be a part of that program because they are just a class act.

Poker. I am kinda reverting back to my roots. I am playing a lot of MTTs and Sit'n'gos. All NL hold'em too, which is a little weird cause I have been playing HORSE (minus the H) games lately. I will be dedicating the rest of the semester to dominating the nightly tournaments in order to get my bankroll healthy again.

Anyways, that's the mid October update from me. Good luck in everyone's endeavours.

1 comment:

Bazclef said...

That's really interesting dude, gl with the coaching! Should be a lot of fun to work on.