Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 Goals and Expectations for Poker

Poker
Goals for STTs in 2009:
* Put in 3,333+ games a month
* Start at $16's and end up at $38's
* Find ROI at every level before moving up in stakes (2k games minimum)
* Win "Earth" SNG leader board 6 times (low or high orbit)
* Work a lot on my game non stop
* Working on not being short term results oriented
* Make my poker class awesome, which I'm teaching at my university
* Make 365+ posts on 2+2 forum

So this was the post I made on 2+2 a couple weeks ago and they have already changed, at least while I am still finishing up college. First, I will not be able to put in the volume that I want to because I am getting my minor in Business administration. However, I am going to try and offset the potential $$$ that I will be losing by giving personal coaching sessions to some of my students of my poker class.

Winning a SNG leader board would be nice, but I don't want to put a figure at "how many". Instead I am just going to strive to win low orbit and at least qualify for the high orbit every week. As far as making my class the best I can, I will strive to do this because it is going to be a lot of fun and it will improve my game a ton as well (or at least I hope so).

The ROI that I am looking to obtain would be around +10-15% at the 16s and 7%+ at the 27s. These are very lofty goals, but I think that they are obtainable and I want to prove to myself that I can get there. This will be by far my toughest goal, but I am looking forward to getting to a point in the 16s where I just dominate.

Here's Obama's inauguration speech from 1-20-09. I think it is very encouraging for the new year. Happy new year everyone.

1 comment:

whitewash said...

You're teaching a poker class at CMU? That is badass dude. Can I be a guest speaker?