Monday, February 16, 2009

Pokerstars Down?

So I got up early to get in a session at NL25 and either my internet or the pokerstars software that is going haywire because I can't see any of the games on PS atm. As I am able to post this on my blog, I am going to attribute it to PS software. But lucky for you, I feel ambitious and productive, which is the reason for me writing this blog post.

Poker:

As it stands right now, I am way behind the pace that I wanted to be at for this month. The month is halfway over and I wanted to be at NL50 with around 20k hands in at NL25. Right now, I only have 6.5k hands in at NL25, which will not cut it if I am going to try to get some financial security before the end of the semester. I have put in a lot of time studying and thinking about different lines and sophisticated theories and breaking down hand analysis. This is all good and dandy and is improving my game, but in order for me to improve at the pace that I would like I need to put in A LOT of more hands in, which means rolling up my sleeves and getting dirty.

An interesting question that I am trying to have answered by a couple of my poker pro friends is whether it is a good idea to add more tables or to move up in stakes first. I currently 8-table NL25 but I would like to get up to at least 12 tables. With that being said, I think it would be good practice to do add tables while I am at lower stakes because there is a learning curve when adding tables and the learning will cost less. I am going to post this question (probably right after this blog post) on the 2+2 forums and see what other people think. Let me know what you guys think about it.

School:

Everything is going pretty hunky dory as far as school is concerned. I have been keeping up with my readings and getting my assignments done so as it stands I have a very good chance in passing all my classes and graduating, WOOOOOOOOO. The only class that worries me is international money and finance. I wrote about it in my last blog, but it is a very tough class. I think the teacher is very good actually, but the homework is being graded quite hard and I have had very poor marks on it. Oh well, just got to do better and complain less, lol.

Poker Class:

My friend Stephen is actually coming and teaching my class this week. He is a midstakes HUNL grinder. He does very well for himself and has avery good thought process when it comes to poker, so I feel my class is in very good hands. The topic this week is turn and river play. He prides himself in making good decisions and having good logic so I think this is a very topic for him to go over. He actually has very good timing to come teach my class because I have an IM bball game during my Monday lecture, which I would of gone to and cancelled my class, lol. I also have my class turning in their first paper for the class this week. I already had about 5 submissions for the paper so it makes me feel good that at least a couple of people listen and are doing work for the class.

Pong:

So I play in a couple of beer pong leagues and my 6 on 6 team was 4-0 going into the weekend. Feeling good and playing good, we went down to the wire with another team and ended up losing by 1 cup. That might not seem that uncommon to most people, but we started with 100 cups per side so it is very heartbreaking to lose by 1 cup in these games. My other team, which is in a 2 on 2 league, won by a very large margin tonight. We played a couple of Sig Nu guys and they were not used to the rules or table size of our house so we nOOb stomped them.

So I can't really think of anything else to talk about right now and the PS software is working again, so I'm off to grind my face off for a couple of hours. PEACE.

No comments: