Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break '09

I went to Acapulco for Spring Break and it was absolutely epic. The weather was amazing, the atmosphere was even better and I actually didn't spend that much money, which I am very proud of myself for. The clubs that we went to were gorgeous. The best one was called palladium, which is #5 in the world (I think). Here is a pic with the lights going crazy.

Poker is going well so far this month. I need to get in a ton of more hands, but I am learning a ton by watching some instructional videos and implementing some new wrinkles into my play. When I first started playing 6-max, I noticed that some regulars would actually follow me around for a couple sessions. That put a hurt on my self esteem a bit. Don't they know who I am? That got me thinking that I really didn't have this cash game thing down the way I thought I did. These new wrinkles in my game make me a much more difficult opponent to play against and makes me happy that I'm putting in the time to input new weapons into my aresonal.

I have been in some heated discussions lately on 2+2 where I get hammered by using some of these wrinkles. There is a preconceived notion in mediocre players minds that poker is supposed to played a certain way and people doing anything else must be wrong. I remember when I used to think that people shoving all-in with overs and an OESD were "wild". How could they put in all that money on a draw? It's ridiculous!?! lol. When people do not look at reasoning why people make plays and just compare play during a specific hand to how they would play it, they are doing a disservice to themselves and are actually hindering themselves from learning more about poker. The best thing about poker is that I keep learning something new about it.

My next blog post will be dedicated on poker math. I want to post some math stuff on some forums so I figured I would use this audience as a guinea pig.

PEACE

2 comments:

Bazclef said...

Spring break looked freaking awesome man :D

If you've got any tough 6m hands you want me to look at just email them dude, don't mind looking at the odd few that come up if u want some input.

Danny said...

Sounds good Baz. I will be sending you some hands in the next day or two.