Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Quick Update

School

So I am in the middle of an all-nighter.   This one is a little different than the others I have done during college for a couple of reasons.  First, I will be presenting twice during the middle of the day.  Usually(always), I do not stay up all night before a presentation because it is not a benefit to have bags under my eyes while I present in front of a class and a professor.  I do not have a choice on whether I can sleep before these presentations because I have soooooo much work. Also, when I stay up all night, it is usually because I have a test early in the day and can crash right after.  Today, I have 2 presentations and a final exam.  The kicker is that the final exam isn't until 6:30pm so I have to stay awake the whole time and after my final I have some Fraternity stuff that I must attend and prepare for... so long day ahead.

Carnival

I commented about carnival last year, but to recap it's where my university, which is a nerd school, goes crazy and we party for like 4 days and nights straight.  Pretty awesome being a state school for half a week.  This year, my fraternity got Wiz Khalifa to perform a private show for us.  Wiz is an up and coming rapper and the whole event was amazingly entertaining.  
Here are some pics from Pavillion.  Pavillion is where we rent part of a park and grill, drink and bronze.

Me playing corn-hole against a brother.


All of the brothers that attended Pavillion together.  I am in the middle left.




Poker

So April has been an up and down roller coaster ride.  I am not sure how many more hands I will be putting in because of finals, but May should be more profitable and educational, although during April I got some good hand reviews due to help from my friend Pete who plays professionally online.  I will post a graph at the end of the month and some interesting hands to talk about, along with my math post, which will finally come...I promise.

Job Front

Last week, I finally got a good reply from the many colleges that I applied for a coaching position.  It said that they were "interested" and to be patient as they go through the rest of the applications.  It is definitely a positive from a very dim process so far with trying to get a coaching position at a University.  I am optimistic that I will get a college coaching position before August and will excel at it.

More updates to come, with more focus on Poker and the future.

1 comment:

burlorka said...

приходите на мой блог о покере http://manypoker.blogspot.com/